I have taken the next few days off to re calibrate myself, connect with my family, set us up for the next quarter, and go back to some resolves I made 10 years ago. On this day, 10 years ago, I spoke to my father for the last time. I was arguing with him about not spending any money on my upcoming wedding in December. I didn’t know that I’d lose him in the next 48 hours. If I did, I would have said a lot of things that I wanted him to hear before he transitioned to the another world. He still deserves to hear these things. And I owe him my words. More on that later.
I’m eves dropping on Tara’s classes today and tomorrow. It was nice to hear the hymn “all things bright and beautiful” at the assembly. Reminded me of my childhood days. I don’t think I paid much attention to the lyrics then. So I looked them up. The atheist side of my brain denies the claims, and yet the believer found beauty in the words. Read them after two decades
- All things bright and beautiful,All creatures great and small,All things wise and wonderful,The Lord God made them all.
- Each little flow’r that opens,Each little bird that sings,He made their glowing colors,He made their tiny wings:
- The purple-headed mountain,The river running by,The sunset and the morningThat brighten up the sky:
- The cold wind in the winter,The pleasant summer sun,The ripe fruits in the garden,He made them ev’ry one:
- The tall trees in the greenwood,The meadows where we play,The rushes by the waterWe gather ev’ry day: