Well there is nothing fried about this rice. But it is one of Tara’s favorite lunches and hence adding it here. May be one day when she grows up she will look at this recipe and make herself some.
Here’s how it goes.
- Chop the chicken in bite size chunks and let it soak in some soy sauce and sesame oil
- Add ghee + sesame oil to the instant pot
- Add chopped onions and saute them until cooked. Toss in the chicken and cook until it looks cooked from the outside.
- Add dashes of mirin, fish sauce and a little chili oil to the pot.
- Add minced ginger (a good qty of it)
- Add 1 cup rice and 1 cup water
- Toss in frozen peas and carrots.
- Season with salt.
- Seal the lid and set the pot to Rice setting. Turn Keep Warm on.
- Once timer goes up, let the rice cook on warm for 10min more. Open the lid and voila!