Seriously! Getting back to an empty fridge and a full week ahead of you when you need to feed three stomachs, has never been this easy. Thanks to my buddy, instant pot.
I made a quick khichdi for lunch, cooked a curry, marinated the meats for the week, and made two of the 4 lunches for Tara for this week, and now I wait for my magic machine to make some yummy yogurt for me overnight. I can enjoy it in my smoothie tomorrow morning 🙂
Here’s a quick khichdi recipe that requires less than 5 min of prep time and some 10min to cook. It has become our staple every time we come back from a trip.
- Turn on the pot. Set it to Saute. Add some ghee/oil.
- When pot turns hot, add the cumin, ginger, hing and red chilies and chopped onions. All the digestive goodness that your tummy desires after a long trip away from home 😀
- Add whatever frozen whatever frozen veggies you have in the freezer. I usually keep cauliflower, peas, carrots.
- Toss in the lentils and rice and top it off with water. [ 1/2 cup rice, 1/2 cup Moong Dal and 1/2 cup toor dal with 2 cups of water]
- Season with turmeric, salt.
- Seal the lid. Set it to rice setting and forget about it
- Add a spoon of ghee when you serve it. Delicious 😀