Q2 – Q3 – Focus on Self
Q3 – Q4 – Communication
Q4 – Q1 – Leadership
I am excited about this and hope to make the best use of the opportunities available at Google to grow as a professional and as an individual.
One of the trainings that I attended last month was about Maximizing Energy for Sustained Performance. Given that by 9:30pm every night, I am ready to call it a day and hit the sack, I was in dire need for this training. I want to know how to get more done in the hours that I am at work, so that I can completely detach when I am back at home with Tara. I don’t mind logging in at night to catch up on email, but I don’t want to make it a habit to finish my work at night. The training was quite effective and a few of my takeaways were –
- To check emails only at scheduled times during my work day. I came up with 9-14 as my email slots.
- To take breaks after every 90min. Even if the break last only five minutes and all I get to do in that break is make myself a cup of latte.
- To use filters to manage my inbox. I now have labels that say – respond by EOD, respond by EOW and read for pleasure.
- To try and avoid situations, people and meetings that put me in a negative state of mind.
- To avoid multi tasking as much as possible.
- To get my health back on track.