Alright.. It has been long. No I have not been traveling. Yes I have been cooking. But I was not cooking anything exciting. So today was the day to jazz things up.
Accidentally Shrimped is my very OWN recipe
- Shrimps – Take the tails off – 15-20
- Mustard Seeds – 1 tbsp
- Curry Leaves – 5-7
- Lemon Juice – 2 small lemons (you can use 1.5 also)
- Ginger/Garlic/Green Chilli Paste -all of them ground together – 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Red Mirchi Powder – 1tsp
- Peanuts – 2 tbsp
- Onions – 1 onion cut long and thin slices
- Dry Red Chillies and Bay leaves – 2-4
- Wash the shrimps thoroughly and de-vein them.
- Marinate the shrimps in lemon juice, red chilli powder, salt and ginger/garlic/chilli paste
- Cut and slice onions
- Take 1 tbsp oil, add mustard seeds, let them splutter
- Add dry red mirchi and bay leaves, curry leaves and peanuts
- Now add onions and let them turn prink
- Add the shrimps (along with the marinade)
- Stir and cover for 5-7 minutes
- Now uncover the dish and let the juices dry up for 3 minutes
- Voila serve with whatever !
Sorry no pictures. We finished it before it was even served. The recipe is being posted here on Agam’s request. He wants to make sure I can replicate the exact thing again 🙂